Samstag, 24. Januar 2015

DIY | customized laptop "skin"










Happy Saturday! :)

Weekend means time to be creative... Here's what I did this morning.

I don't have a fancy macbook (but a very fancy asus instead) so I can't buy a laptop skin with a picture collage on the internet. Also, I guess I wouldn't like to spend a lot of money on something like that. My laptop has been sort of "naked" ever since I bought it. I just liked the simple and elegant look. I now really wanted some pretty pictures on my laptop, though, so I used photos and washi tape!

You need:

- your laptop
- printed pictures (your own, from tumblr, pinterest, whatsoever...)
- washi tape (mine's the black one from ikea → here)
- scissors

First, wipe the surface of the laptop to remove any dirt or grease. Now you're gonna lay your pictures on your laptop. Try different ways of arranging them. When you've found the perfect layout, use washi to tape them on. I guess you could also use other tape, but you might not be able to remove that if you don't like it anymore...

It really helps if you use little strips of tape to prevent the pictures from sliding away.

Make sure you cut the tape neatly at the edges and corners.

That's it! There you have a very pretty customizeable laptop "skin" that's really cheap!

What does your laptop look like? Tell me in the comments.

Oh, and before you mention it: Yes, I know it's not summer here so the pic in the upper right corner might seem weird. :D I really am a summer person, though, and I'm looking forward to it and the picture just makes me happy, so...

Now I guess I have to study a little, then workout maybe, and tonight I'll be at a friend's birthday party. Let's see if I'll manage to take pictures of my outfit to show you. :)

x,
Rona

5 Kommentare:

  1. Das ist ne coole Idee! Auf jeden Fall nicht so ein langweiliger normaler Sticker :D

    Liebste Grüße,
    Rina von Adeline und Gustav

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Eine super coole Idee :)

    Liebe Grüße Jacky
    von http://www.themermaidscandy.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Eine wirklich schöne Idee! Ich stehe total auf inspirierende Foto Collagen :)

    Love,
    Christina ♥
    cinapeh.blogspot.de

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. my laptop is very plain.. since I'm not very crafty but this one looks super easy!
    won't it leave a stain tho when you took of the tape?

    The Sweetest Escape 

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Awww, das will ich auch! Muss ich klauen, die Idee, aber dafür sind DIYs ja da :D.

    Liebe Grüße,
    Annika von themuffintop-less.blogspot.de

    AntwortenLöschen